Broadstairs and St Peter's Town Council
Administrative Officer Salary: LC2 SCP 24 - 28 (£28,672 - £32,234) plus workplace pension on a pro – rata basis. Contracted Hours: 30
Broadstairs & St. Peter’s Town Council is seeking a highly motivated individual with relevant experience, commitment and skills to join the dedicated team working at the Council Offices in beautiful Pierremont Park right in the centre of the popular seaside town of Broadstairs.
As Senior Administrative Officer you will be responsible for the organising and clerking the Council’s Planning and Neighbourhood Planning Committees, as well as managing the Council’s open spaces and grounds maintenance contracts.
The successful candidate will have a good standard of education and will be an experienced administrator with a professional attitude and a working knowledge of GDPR. Communication skills, both written and spoken are essential, as is previous experience working with Local Councils or Local Authorities. Knowledge of local planning processes including neighbourhood planning are desirable. However training will be given and CPD is encouraged.
The position requires attendance at some evening meetings and a current driving licence. In return we offer a competitive salary package including generous holiday allowance, free on-site parking, work place pension and flexible working environment in the heart of this popular Kent seaside resort.
For more information and an application pack, please see the council website at https://www.broadstairs.gov.uk/Job_Vacancies_13943.aspx
Closing date for applications: 31st October 2021. Interviews scheduled: 4th and 5th November 2021
Please return applications forms to: Broadstairs & St. Peter’s Town Council, The Charles Cockerell Suite, Pierremont Hall, Broadstairs, Kent CT10 1JX or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ickham and Well Parish Council
Ickham & Well Parish Council
is seeking to recruit a Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer of the Council.
Salary according to experience in accordance with the National Joint Council
for Local Government services salary scales. Hours average 5 per week plus evening
Duties for this home-based appointment include:
· attending a minimum of 12 monthly evening Parish Council Meetings per year usually on the second Tuesday of each month at 7.30pm;
· preparing the agendas; taking minutes and giving procedural advice;
· carrying out the Council’s administrative tasks;
· keeping financial records and setting up electronic payments;
· preparing accounts and the annual budget and preparing records for audit purposes;
· dealing with general enquiries and correspondence;
· updating and co-ordinating the Parish Council website.
Candidates will have a good standard of education and be an experienced administrator with a professional attitude and a working knowledge of GDPR. Training will be given and CPD encouraged. Applicants should forward their CV, with a covering letter explaining their suitability for the role to the Chairman email@example.com. A copy of the Job Description is available on the website http://ickhamandwellpc.com or by email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 31st October 2021.
EAST PECKHAM PARISH COUNCIL
Applications are invited for the position of Assistant Parish Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer to manage the administration, personnel, and finances of East Peckham Parish Council.
East Peckham Parish is in the County of Kent and lies between Tunbridge Wells and East of Maidstone. The Parish contains approx. 1,250 households. The Parish Council consists of 11 Councillors and currently has 4 members of staff.
The post includes some evening meetings and occasional weekend work. The successful applicant will be a highly-motivated and forward-thinking individual who can promote the interests of the community by forging strong local partnerships. They will manage the statutory obligations of the council, including its financial responsibilities. They must be an excellent communicator with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude, combined with strong commercial and financial management. The job is based at the council office in the Jubilee Hall, although an option to partly work from home may be an option. The Assistant Clerk’s main duties include following instructions from the Parish Clerk and assisting the Parish Clerk in the following tasks.
· Attendance at meetings - held the third Monday of the month at 7pm plus Committee meetings & Planning meetings every First Monday of the month at 7pm plus the Finance Committee which currently meets twice annually.
· The preparation of meeting agendas and the taking of accurate minutes of Parish Council meetings.
· Keeping accurate financial records, banking, invoices, and payment of accounts.
· Setting the council’s budget, liaising with auditors, preparing end of year accounts.
· Acting on decisions and resolutions taken at council meetings.
· Dealing with correspondence from Councillors, members of the public and external organisations.
· Assisting in maintaining and updating the council’s website.
· Churchyard maintenance
· Village Grass Cutting.
· 1 recreation ground.
· 1 Jubilee Hall
· 1 Allotment site. · 4 members of staff.
Training to assist the Assistant Clerk to carry out the above tasks will be provided.
Part time - 15 hours per week.
Salary: £22,627 - £28,672 FTE (SCP 13-24) dependent on experience.
The appointment will be subject to successful completion of a 6-month probationary period
Closing Date: 29th October 2021 Interview Date: TBC
If you are interested in applying for this post, have a strong public-service ethos and want to make a difference to the life of the East Peckham community please contact Emily Ellis, Clerk email@example.com or 01622 871309 for an application pack.
For more information, click here